Definition of righty in English:
noun (plural righties)North American informal
- And for the gun maniacs out there, I am neither a lefty nor a righty, nor do I belong to any political party or affiliation.
- Allow only lefties to review books by other lefties, as righties are too opposed to their views to give them a fair hearing?
- However, there is a fundamental difference in the philosophies of lefties and righties that makes righties more tolerant of corporate corruption.
adverbBack to top
With the right hand or as customary for a right-handed person: he bats righty
More example sentences
- He also would bowl the first ball right-handed and challenge himself to pick up the spare left-handed, then starting lefty and finishing righty.
- What I always tell lefties is if you can possibly play righty do so.
Definition of righty in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.