Definition of righty in English:
noun (plural righties)North American informal
- And for the gun maniacs out there, I am neither a lefty nor a righty, nor do I belong to any political party or affiliation.
- Allow only lefties to review books by other lefties, as righties are too opposed to their views to give them a fair hearing?
- However, there is a fundamental difference in the philosophies of lefties and righties that makes righties more tolerant of corporate corruption.
adverbBack to top
With the right hand or as customary for a right-handed person: he bats righty
More example sentences
- He also would bowl the first ball right-handed and challenge himself to pick up the spare left-handed, then starting lefty and finishing righty.
- What I always tell lefties is if you can possibly play righty do so.
Definition of righty in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia