- A meal of Southeast Asian food consisting of a selection of spiced rice dishes.More example sentences
- Others haltingly recalled dishes like rijsttafel, a mélange of recipes pilfered from colonial Indonesia, and uitsmijter, which is essentially eggs and ham smothered in cheese.
- Many restaurants feature rijsttafel, the Dutch word for ‘rice table.’
- The city's colonial past means most world cuisines are represented, from French haute cuisine to Indonesian rijsttafel.
Dutch, from rijst 'rice' + tafel 'table'.
More definitions of rijsttafelDefinition of rijsttafel in:
- The British & World English dictionary