noun (plural same)
- A sumo wrestler.More example sentences
- In other bouts, the rikishi may grapple in an attempt to get a good grip on the mawashi and then launch a throw.
- A rikishi who is ranked in one of the top two divisions of Sumo, are being paid a salary.
- Many rikishi have lost their impending contest because they were thinking about their bout the next day.
Japanese, from riki 'strength' + shi 'warrior'.
More definitions of rikishiDefinition of rikishi in:
- The British & World English dictionary