- • informal Revive a distant recollection; sound familiar: the name Woodall rings a bellMore example sentences
- If the name rings a bell, it is because he might have helped you buy a book, film or album.
- While her name might not ring a bell in the minds of most people, the festival will screen a ‘snippet’ from her body of work titled ‘Harlequin’.
- One of the country's legendary tenor saxophone players, his name might not ring a bell for those who are not in tune with Jazz in India, but he deserves to be remembered.
More definitions of ring a bellDefinition of ring a bell in:
- The British & World English dictionary