- British End a telephone call by replacing the receiver.More example sentences
- But - oh, sweet relief - you've somehow managed to grab the receiver before the bearer of important news rings off.
- ‘Trouble?’ said James when Astor rang off having received details of Wendy's destination.
- He has perfected the skill of calling just after the alarm has gone off but before I've fully woken up so I never catch it before the machine picks it up, which means I end up running into the lounge before he rings off.
More definitions of ring offDefinition of ring off in:
- The British & World English dictionary