Definition of ring-tailed cat in English:
A North American cacomistle, a nocturnal raccoonlike mammal with a dark-ringed tail. Also called ringtail.
- Bassariscus astutus, family Procyonidae
- We're now seeing some wildlife we never saw before - ring-tailed cats, green herons, beaver.
- The ring-tailed cat lives in the arid rocky regions and woodland areas of south-western United States.
- Ring-tailed cats live on small rodents and insects, including the centipede, birds, and fruit.
Definition of ring-tailed cat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan