- A North American cacomistle, a nocturnal raccoonlike mammal with a dark-ringed tail. Also called ringtail.
More example sentences
- Bassariscus astutus, family Procyonidae
- We're now seeing some wildlife we never saw before - ring-tailed cats, green herons, beaver.
- The ring-tailed cat lives in the arid rocky regions and woodland areas of south-western United States.
- Ring-tailed cats live on small rodents and insects, including the centipede, birds, and fruit.
More definitions of ring-tailed catDefinition of ring-tailed cat in:
- The British & World English dictionary