Definition of ring-tailed lemur in English:
A gregarious lemur with a gray coat, black rings around the eyes, and distinctive black-and-white banding on the tail.
- Lemur catta, family Lemuridae
- Animal keepers have long recognized that some species, such as ring-tailed lemurs and snow leopards, adapt better to captivity than other species do.
- A male ring-tailed lemur, for example, has scent glands on its forearms.
- But when the zookeeper arranged for us to give the ring-tailed lemurs their lunch I decided this was the chance to face my fear - and show my three-year-old that feeding animals is fun.
Definition of ring-tailed lemur in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan