Definition of rink in English:
noun(also ice rink or hockey rink)
- Jessica and I went ice skating at an indoor ice rink.
- The recently opened Colorado Springs World Arena and Ice Hall, with an Olympic-size ice rink, is where some of America's top figure skaters now train.
- The local baseball field had been flooded to make an outdoor ice rink and every night people flocked to it to skate.
- A couple shows later, this past Halloween, they played an unforgettable all ages gig at a roller rink.
- The album opens with pair of songs that might very well have been recorded on a huge, old organ in a dusty roller rink.
- ‘Well, we were going to go to the roller rink, but we obviously can't, seeing that you went and busted your knee,’ Bre absently said as she hunted for something in her backpack.
- Me and a couple of friends are going to the roller-skating rink downtown after school.
- He would come back from the rink with his skateboard, and there she was in the doorway of the building.
- The Hawks started before the boy's team did, and as I entered the rink for the first Hawks practice, I was in very good spirits.
- Zambia's women bowling rink team has qualified to the quarter-finals of the ongoing World Bowls Championships in Leaminton Spa, England.
- The bowling rink also is for hire and sets of bowls are available for use.
- The bowling rink is available for a two hour session on Friday afternoons during the indoor season.
- News gets better with the Perth rink on a roll with 4 wins and two defeats prior to our third last game.
- The county under 25's double rink (male) have qualified for the regional finals at by beating Hertfordshire by 16 shots.
- Walker was in the 24-15 winning rink skipped by Scarborough's Dickens.
In medieval Scotland jousting knights not skaters took to a rink. It was only in the 18th century that a rink became a stretch of ice set aside for the sport of curling, and the word remained a Scottish one until the end of the following century.
Words that rhyme with rinkbethink, blink, brink, cinque, clink, dink, drink, fink, Frink, gink, ink, interlink, jink, kink, link, mink, pink, plink, prink, shrink, sink, skink, slink, stink, sync, think, wink, zinc
Definition of rink in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.