Definition of ripsnorting in English:
adjective[attributive] North American informal
Showing great vigor or intensity: a ripsnorting editorial
More example sentences
- A faux-autobiography constructed from the letters of Australia's most famous outlaw, the book itself is a nigh perfect fusion of experimental prose, historical novel and ripsnorting thriller, whatever the wider truth may be.
- Throughout the 1990s, investment experts warned that the ripsnorting stock market would revert to the mean.
- Example sentences
- Last week her set piece was a ripsnorter - peppered as it was, with traces of embedded humour - involving journalists, military mayhem, cover-up and collusion.
- So not quite the Hollywood ending the country demanded, although nothing about this horse even in defeat detracts from what is still a ripsnorter of a story that should still be a blockbuster in the making.
- Another major factor is the tide because if the swell is a decent size and the tide is high the left can be a ripsnorter and you really have to watch what you're doing as the tide drops.
Words that rhyme with ripsnortingouting
Definition of ripsnorting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan