Definition of ripsnorting in English:
adjective[attributive] North American informal
Showing great vigor or intensity: a ripsnorting editorial
More example sentences
- A faux-autobiography constructed from the letters of Australia's most famous outlaw, the book itself is a nigh perfect fusion of experimental prose, historical novel and ripsnorting thriller, whatever the wider truth may be.
- Throughout the 1990s, investment experts warned that the ripsnorting stock market would revert to the mean.
- Example sentences
- Last week her set piece was a ripsnorter - peppered as it was, with traces of embedded humour - involving journalists, military mayhem, cover-up and collusion.
- So not quite the Hollywood ending the country demanded, although nothing about this horse even in defeat detracts from what is still a ripsnorter of a story that should still be a blockbuster in the making.
- Another major factor is the tide because if the swell is a decent size and the tide is high the left can be a ripsnorter and you really have to watch what you're doing as the tide drops.
Words that rhyme with ripsnortingouting
Definition of ripsnorting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.