Definition of road bike in English:
1A bicycle for use on paved roads as opposed to rough terrain or racing tracks, especially one designed for competitive cycling.
- His Stumpjumper, a cross between a high-tech road bike and a sturdy mountain bike, debuted in 1981.
- Many add such delights as wireless sensors and a dual wheel-size function to allow easy swapping between road bike and mountain bike.
- All the information I received led me to believe that the hills were not as bad as first anticipated so I chose a full time trial bike instead of a road bike.
2A motorcycle that meets the legal requirements for use on ordinary roads.
- Its wheels were thick, like those of a four-wheeler, but the rest of the motorcycle was of the same proportion as a road bike.
- I had to borrow a bike from a mate of mine for the weekend's races, but we didn't manage to get it ready for racing specification in time, as it was a road bike.
- The park manager believes with no licensed tracks nearby, riders have been using the park as a short cut and a race track for their mopeds, quad and road bikes.
- 1road biker noun
- Example sentences
- Road bikers have been flocking to this area for years.
- I'm no high-mileage, Lycra-wearing road biker - just a plain old cyclist and occasional bike commuter in shorts and a T-shirt.
- Road bikers and mountaineers should avoid polarized lenses because they can't afford to miss the glare from road slicks or patches of boilerplate ice.
- 2road biking noun
- Example sentences
- Road biking is usuallyon smooth asphalt and you can go as quick as you can turn the cranks at times.
- The hardest thing about road biking in the Chicago area is finding low-traffic roads.
- Road biking is not like running, where you have time to take in your environment.
Definition of road bike in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.