Definition of road map in English:
1A map, especially one designed for motorists, showing the roads of a city, state, or other area.
- ‘It's like having a road map with street signs; you know exactly where you're going,’ says Lee, who works with Reddy and Silva on the recombinant vaccines.
- Although MCAAP is not a secret facility - it shows up on road maps and has a public Web site - it is a closed facility, run by the Army, its workers civilian employees of the Army.
- Mustsees begin with Janine Davidson's series of panels of paper embossed with road maps of Johannesburg and decorated with floating gold thread.
2A plan or strategy intended to achieve a particular goal: a road map for peace in the region
More example sentences
- All the things that IT is used to, like support documentation, reliability, road maps - none of that exists for open source when you start moving beyond a single component.
- The computer-controlled system is operated from a workstation that shows what valves are open, which lines and freezers are running a virtual road map for production.
- Indie films supply a road map of what to avoid, what mistakes not to make.
Definition of road map in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia