Definition of roadrunner in English:
A slender fast-running bird of the cuckoo family, found chiefly in arid country from the southern US to Central America.
- Genus Geococcyx, family Cuculidae: two species, in particular the greater roadrunner (G. californianus
- In one intriguing trackway, the footfalls of a fringe-toed lizard were paralleled by the prints of a roadrunner, a lizard-eating bird.
- I've stumbled upon quail amidst the redwoods, roadrunners in the Hill Country, and a colony of flamingo in the heart of Hong Kong.
- In this landscape ringed by red-rock hills that take on a spectacular hue at sunset, small pleasures - fleeting glimpses of roadrunners, stretches of freshly paved road - are unexpectedly gratifying.
Probably a calque from Spanish correcamino.
Words that rhyme with roadrunnergunrunner
Definition of roadrunner in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.