Definition of roadway in English:
- Access to local land is a key function of local roads, whereas mobility, defined as moving traffic on longer trips, is a key function of national roadways such as Interstate Highways.
- Initially, the company only provided milling and paving services on highways, roadways, and parking lots.
- However, traffic increased for all categories of roads, suggesting that road conditions will worsen, especially for those lower function roadways.
1.1The part of a road intended for vehicles, in contrast to a sidewalk or median.
- The roadway had been widened and paved, and presently received a prestigious name: the Avenue Paul Cezanne.
- Eighty-two were charged with misdemeanors for failing to obey a traffic officer and blocking a roadway.
- "The roadways were blocked, " says White, and the WTC work took precedence.
Definition of roadway in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia