Definition of roadway in English:
- Access to local land is a key function of local roads, whereas mobility, defined as moving traffic on longer trips, is a key function of national roadways such as Interstate Highways.
- Initially, the company only provided milling and paving services on highways, roadways, and parking lots.
- However, traffic increased for all categories of roads, suggesting that road conditions will worsen, especially for those lower function roadways.
1.1The part of a road intended for vehicles, in contrast to a sidewalk or median.
- The roadway had been widened and paved, and presently received a prestigious name: the Avenue Paul Cezanne.
- Eighty-two were charged with misdemeanors for failing to obey a traffic officer and blocking a roadway.
- "The roadways were blocked, " says White, and the WTC work took precedence.
Definition of roadway in:
- British & World English dictionary