- 1Work done in building or repairing roads.More example sentences
- The device can also conjure up alternative routes to bypass roadworks and traffic jams, and will quickly get motorists back on course if they take a wrong turning.
- It can even work out quick detours around traffic jams and roadworks, if you encounter any, Evesham said.
- Temporary traffic lights, single lane restrictions and roadworks are in place on the Greenhills Road between AirtonRoadand Old Tallaght Road.
- 2Athletic exercise or training involving running on roads.More example sentences
- The first step, he says, is to get in plenty of roadwork.
- I like to get up before daybreak and get my roadwork done.
- In addition there is his regular roadwork and acclimatization in the sauna at the Steinbach Aquatic Centre.
- 2.1Time spent traveling while working or on tour.More example sentences
- One of the reasons for Nickelback's success has been the non-stop roadwork and touring.
More definitions of roadworkDefinition of roadwork in:
- The British & World English dictionary