- An African antelope with black-and-white facial markings, a mane of stiff hair, and large backwardly curving horns.
More example sentences
- Hippotragus equinus, family Bovidae
- The male horns, in keeping with the horns of the male roan antelope, curve backward - in part so that fights over female antelopes will not be deadly.
- Plain animals such as zebra, greater and lesser kudu, sable and roan antelope, impala and giraffe are found on the plains stretching from the rivers edge.
- In the south, the government reported that the game areas ‘still hold immense stocks’ and that white rhino, elephant, giant eland, roan antelope, and giraffe were all on the increase.
More definitions of roan antelopeDefinition of roan antelope in:
- The British & World English dictionary