Definition of robotic in English:
1Of or relating to robots: a robotic device for performing surgery
More example sentences
- One day the system could evolve into a robotic device for continuous monitoring of crop canopies in a production setting.
- Bundles make their way down a conveyor and are stacked on pallets by one of two automated robotic cranes, nicknamed ‘Chilly’ and ‘Willy.’
- But what's new about tilling is that it uses automated, robotic equipment to quickly screen for mutations - gene by gene, one piece of DNA at a time.
1.1(Of a person) mechanical, stiff, or unemotional.
- This nasal, crisp, robotic inner voice wasted no time on small talk.
- She wondered if her fiancé even noticed her robotic mood.
- Their robotic self-control and evasion of personal contact was redolent of the utter self-absorption of mimes.
- Example sentences
- These robotically operated shelves of objects relate to different periods in history, the First World War for example.
- ‘I'm here to see Wilson,’ the fellow said robotically.
- We could economically justify bringing that material in-house, putting it into a robotically controlled environment and saving those storage and handling fees.
Words that rhyme with roboticabiotic, amniotic, antibiotic, chaotic, demotic, despotic, erotic, exotic, homoerotic, hypnotic, idiotic, macrobiotic, meiotic, narcotic, neurotic, osmotic, patriotic, prebiotic, psychotic, quixotic, sclerotic, semiotic, symbiotic, zygotic, zymotic
Definition of robotic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan