Definition of rocambole in English:
A Eurasian plant that is closely related to garlic and is sometimes used as a flavoring.
- Allium scorodoprasum, family Liliaceae (or Alliaceae)
- A varied subgroup of purple stripe, this type also has characteristics of both rocambole and porcelain types and is possibly the garlic from which rocambole evolved.
- Some strains, known as hardneck varieties or rocamboles, produce a dramatic-looking flower stem as part of normal growth.
- The texture is rich, thick and meaty, with a hearty flavor especially compatible with tomatoes, rocambole, basil, savory and zucchini.
Definition of rocambole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India