- Common salt occurring naturally as a mineral; halite.More example sentences
- Running for several miles east and west, at a height ranging from three hundred to four hundred feet, these desolate hills are composed of rock salt, capped with a bed of gypsum and chalk.
- Ice cream must have arrived there from Spain, because the old-fashioned ice cream was made in a grinder called garapinera, with rock salt and ice packed round a central container of milk.
- Everyone stays inside, the neighbors seen only in cars backing slowly down driveways sprinkled with rock salt, breath hovering on windows.
More definitions of rock saltDefinition of rock salt in:
- The British & World English dictionary