Definition of rocketry in English:
1The branch of science that deals with rockets and rocket propulsion.
- Independent India has made spectacular advances in rocketry and space science, making the country a force to reckon with, both during peace-time and during war.
- The workshop covered an overview of ISRO programmes, rocketry and applications of space science and technology.
- Arnold went on to foster the development of such transformational innovations as jet aircraft, rocketry, and supersonic flight.
1.1The use of rockets.
- There will also be a number of activities on the university's sports fields, including displays of rocketry.
- In rocketry, motors are designated with letters, and each succeeding letter is twice as big as the one before it.
- The narrator explains that this was because of Newton's Third Law of Motion: for every action there is a reaction equal and opposite in direction, which is useful in rocketry.
Words that rhyme with rocketrycoquetry
Definition of rocketry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.