1 trademark A luxury car produced by the British Rolls-Royce company.
- Every November, Hanson would draw up slowly to the mansion in his Rolls-Royce, carefully checking everything was perfect.
- Apparently, only the front end of my Rolls-Royce was a Rolls-Royce.
- At the very front of the queue, in a pastel yellow Rolls-Royce, was the new Lord Mayor Audrey Jones.
2 (also Rolls Royce) A product that is the most luxurious or highly specified of its kind: the one I have at the moment is the Rolls Royce of accordions
More example sentences
- No wonder Finzi astutely dubbed Walton ' the Rolls-Royce of music '.
- This is the Rolls-Royce, the Citizen Kane, the Cordon Bleu of cartoons.
- I am on the Rolls-Royce of Saturday evening shows.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Rolls-Royce in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.