nounAustralian • informal
- A kangaroo.More example sentences
- I said, No, I used to, we used to shoot rabbits and roos and stuff, but we haven't been, it's just the target shooting.
- Meanwhile, however, as they cleared the land and created and improved watering places for livestock, the settlers enabled the roos to multiply exponentially.
- In much the same way that steers yield far better meat than cows in beef cattle, young male roos make the best eating.
early 20th century: shortened form.
More definitions of rooDefinition of roo in:
- The British & World English dictionary