- 1A window panel built into a roof to admit light.More example sentences
- The lights are fitted inside the roof light nozzles, which function as peep holes to the outside.
- The interior is bright white, and light cascades in through the roof lights.
- People generally prefer light from above rather than the side, so high level glazing and roof lights are more comfortable and are actually more efficient sources of daylight.
- 1.2A flashing warning light on the top of a police car or other emergency vehicle.More example sentences
- As the vehicle pulled ahead, he activated the roof light on his cruiser and pulled behind the vehicle.
- The arresting officer activated his emergency roof lights and signalled to Deacon to stop.
- He engaged his roof lights and siren momentarily and the subject vehicle immediately stopped.