nounNorth American • informal
- The spray of water thrown up behind a speedboat or surfboard.More example sentences
- The water in front of us slices upward in a mighty rooster tail of spray as a speedboat pivots into a turn.
- Looking to the stern I could see a big white water rooster tail created by the power of the outboard motors as they took us further offshore.
- The big outboards pushed the skiffs along through the tea brown waters at full speed, the propellers throwing up rooster tails of water.
More definitions of rooster tailDefinition of rooster tail in:
- The British & World English dictionary