Definition of root canal in English:
1The pulp-filled cavity in the root of a tooth.
- Afterwards, the tooth is sealed by placing a rubbery filling into the root canal.
- Seven hundred years ago this man would have been suffering from terrible toothache: the pulp cavity was exposed and the infection had passed down the root canal to form an abscess in the jaw.
- Restorative dentistry also includes endodontics (treating the pulps or root canals of teeth) and prosthodontics.
1.1North American A procedure to replace infected pulp in a root canal with an inert material.
- Of course, the security of paying a set premium every month rather than $1, 000 for a root canal right before Christmas is worth something.
- Anyway, when I went to the dentist, he told me I needed a total root canal.
- Done poorly, it is more painful than a root canal without novocaine.
Definition of root canal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan