- A domestic cellar used for storing root vegetables.More example sentences
- They have a fan-cooled root cellar, store winter squash in an insulated box truck and grow supplemental greens in trays on benches in a greenhouse heated to a nighttime minimum temp of 42 degrees.
- If you want to keep leeks through damaging cold periods, harvest and store them in a root cellar.
- Check the root cellar and pantry for spoilage in onions, apples and squash.
More definitions of root cellarDefinition of root cellar in:
- The British & World English dictionary