- The directory at the highest level of a hierarchy.More example sentences
- What can I do to make a user's directory be like a root directory, where the user just has an access to that directory or subdirectory?
- To do this, go to the root directory of the source code and execute.
- The installation program on the tested version doesn't yet support long path names, so installation essentially must be off the root directory.
More definitions of root directoryDefinition of root directory in:
- The British & World English dictionary