- Each of a large number of elongated microscopic outgrowths from the outer layer of cells in a root, absorbing moisture and nutrients from the soil.More example sentences
- Phosphorus deficiency produced the largest increase in root hair density, and the biggest decrease in root hair inequality.
- In the nutrient-rich area around the root hairs, microscopic bacteria and fungi feed and multiply.
- The larvae feed on root hairs, restricting nutrient and moisture uptake by the plant.
More definitions of root hairDefinition of root hair in:
- The British & World English dictionary