Definition of root-knot in English:
A disease of cultivated flowers and vegetables caused by eelworm infestation, resulting in galls on the roots.
- The eelworms belong to the genus Meloidogyne, class Nematoda
- In U.S. cotton, the major species comprise root-knot, reniform, lance, and sting nematodes.
- The research team discovered a comprehensive spectrum of parasitism genes in root-knot and cyst nematodes.
- Some soils, especially the warm, sandy loams that peas do well in, are often infested with root-knot nematodes.
Definition of root-knot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.