- The space over which the roots of a plant extend.More example sentences
- These are small trees when mature, able to cope with a restricted root run and the pollution from passing traffic.
- Don't forget to add a mulch of pea straw to hold moisture and keep a cool root run.
- Most come from shaded woodland or, if they grow in the open, enjoy cool root runs among rocks on hillsides or in moisture rich soils by lake or riverside.
More definitions of root runDefinition of root run in:
- The British & World English dictionary