(also root ball)
- The mass formed by the roots of a plant and the soil surrounding them.More example sentences
- If a perennial has been in the same location for several years and you've noticed a decline in its flower output, dig up the plant and divide the root ball with a spade or hatchet into two, three or four pieces.
- They should easily survive transplanting as long as the soil around the root ball is not unduly disturbed as you lift the clumps from the garden.
- Tie the ends of the burlap to keep the root ball and soil intact, then lift the shrub - by the burlap and the bottom - into a wheelbarrow and move it to the new spot.
More definitions of rootballDefinition of rootball in:
- The British & World English dictionary