- informal term for root2.More example sentences
- If I hadn't got indigestion I wouldn't have gone rootling around in my bedside drawer for that indigestion tablet that i never knew why I had in the first place.
- As an unrepentant internet devotee, I spend a lot of time rootling around cyberspace seeking out the edifying and unusual.
- Repotting them has taken care of removing the mulch, which needs doing at this time of year so that the birds can rootle around in the pot and eat some of the nasties which are attempting to overwinter in there.
early 19th century: frequentative of root2.
More definitions of rootleDefinition of rootle in:
- The British & World English dictionary