Definition of rootstock in English:
- Conventional tillage is effective for reducing populations of many biennial and perennial weeds that may arise from rhizomes or rootstocks.
- In addition, weeds left uncontrolled may harbor insects and diseases and produce seed or rootstocks which infest the field and affect future crops.
- It propagates itself by seeding and by creeping rootstock, so keep an eye on it and limit its growth.
1.1A plant onto which another variety is grafted.
- When we were first setting out, we grew our own rootstock and grafted the cultivars ourselves.
- The 1999 season was devoted to orchestrating the necessary nursery work in California to get the varieties they had chosen grafted on to rootstocks suitable for their soils.
- All of these qualities vary with the species of fruit tree, the variety, and rootstock.
Definition of rootstock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan