- (Of music) uncommercialized and full-blooded, especially showing traditional or ethnic origins.More example sentences
- True, I generally don't spend much time in that region of the musical landscape where rootsy earthiness crosses into rock dynamics and posturing.
- His songs were almost exclusively from his latest album, a collection of pleasant, rootsy pop tunes.
- How many times can you say ‘good mid-tempo rootsy rocker’ or ‘folk-inflected acoustic ballad’ before you cough up a lung into your coffee cup, anyway?
More definitions of rootsyDefinition of rootsy in:
- The British & World English dictionary