Definition of rose mallow in English:
A plant of the mallow family with typically large pink or white flowers, several species of which are cultivated as ornamentals.
- Genus Hibiscus, family Malvaceae: many species, including the showy pink-flowered swamp rose mallow (H. palustris), found especially in coastal marshes of the eastern US
- Confederate rose or rose mallow, Hibiscus mutabilis, may have a single trunk, but typically is grown as a multitrunked, billowy shrub or small tree.
- Typical shrubs include squawbush (a type of sumac); coral bean and fairy duster (both members of the pea family); two types of hibiscus, or rose mallow; and cliff Fendler bush.
- Old-timers tell us that many dunes were once ablaze with rose mallows.
Definition of rose mallow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.