Definition of rose mallow in English:
A plant of the mallow family with typically large pink or white flowers, several species of which are cultivated as ornamentals.
- Genus Hibiscus, family Malvaceae: many species, including the showy pink-flowered swamp rose mallow (H. palustris), found especially in coastal marshes of the eastern US
- Confederate rose or rose mallow, Hibiscus mutabilis, may have a single trunk, but typically is grown as a multitrunked, billowy shrub or small tree.
- Typical shrubs include squawbush (a type of sumac); coral bean and fairy duster (both members of the pea family); two types of hibiscus, or rose mallow; and cliff Fendler bush.
- Old-timers tell us that many dunes were once ablaze with rose mallows.
Definition of rose mallow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan