- An Australian parakeet with vivid green, red, yellow, or blue plumage.
More example sentences
- Genus Platycercus, family Psittacidae: several species
- Sitting beneath fans of ferns, perfect natural sunshades, we were joined within minutes by two laughing kookaburras, a rosella and a yellow-breasted robin.
- In that time I have seen: startled wallabies bouncing into the distance kingfishers, tui, rosella, warblers wekas.
- Perfect sunny day - in the shade of towering trees with magpies doing elegant swooping fly-bys, lorikeets twittering in packs and huge, vivid rosellas chattering from aloft.
mid 19th century: alteration of Rosehill, New South Wales, where the bird was first found.
More definitions of rosellaDefinition of rosella in:
- The British & World English dictionary