Definition of rosella in English:
An Australian parakeet with vivid green, red, yellow, or blue plumage.
- Genus Platycercus, family Psittacidae: several species
- Sitting beneath fans of ferns, perfect natural sunshades, we were joined within minutes by two laughing kookaburras, a rosella and a yellow-breasted robin.
- In that time I have seen: startled wallabies bouncing into the distance kingfishers, tui, rosella, warblers wekas.
- Perfect sunny day - in the shade of towering trees with magpies doing elegant swooping fly-bys, lorikeets twittering in packs and huge, vivid rosellas chattering from aloft.
mid 19th century: alteration of Rosehill, New South Wales, where the bird was first found.
Words that rhyme with rosellaa cappella, Arabella, Bella, bestseller, Capella, cellar, Cinderella, citronella, Clarabella, corella, Daniela, Della, dispeller, dweller, Ella, expeller, favela, fella, fellah, feller, Fenella, Floella, foreteller, Heller, impeller, interstellar, Keller, Louella, Mandela, mortadella, mozzarella, Nigella, novella, paella, panatella, patella, predella, propeller, queller, quinella, repeller, rubella, salmonella, Santiago de Compostela, seller, smeller, speller, Stella, stellar, tarantella, teller, umbrella, Viyella
Definition of rosella in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia