Definition of roulette in English:
1A gambling game in which a ball is dropped onto a revolving wheel ( roulette wheel) with numbered compartments, the players betting on the number at which the ball will come to rest.
- The book does provide reasonable introductions to several casino games, such as roulette, craps, and baccarat.
- The site offers slots, roulette and animated card games including poker and blackjack.
- Players at the hotel's casino can choose from four gambling tables, three of them for card games and one for roulette.
2A tool or machine with a revolving toothed wheel, used in engraving or for making slit-shaped perforations between postage stamps.
- This is a method of puncturing a plate with roulettes, punches, and other tools so that modelling is achieved with greater or lesser accumulations of dots.
- Frequently the engraver began by etching the foundation of the design, and then built it up by the use of a special curved burin and by roulettes, punches, and other tools.
verb[with object] Back to top
Definition of roulette in:
- British & World English dictionary