Definition of roundball in English:
Informal term for basketball.
- That is the case no longer - miraculously enough, the roundball has somehow caught up with the pigskin.
- For NBA hoops freaks like me, it means the start of a new season of roundball, and a month's worth of anticipation.
- Ride through the neighborhoods on any hot summer night and you'll quickly bear witness to our city's torrid love affair with playground roundball.
- roundballer noun
- Example sentences
- At 45 - an age when even the most addicted roundballers are considering the merits of tennis - Baumer still plays league basketball twice a week.
- As the former roundballer puts it, ‘We're playing our own game - taking advantage of our own unique heritage and strengths to grow our business all around the world.’
Definition of roundball in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.