Definition of roundworm in English:
A nematode, especially a parasitic one found in the intestines of mammals.
- Many species in the class Phasmida, including the large Ascaris lumbricoides in humans
- Before the Ontario Ministry of Health decided that raw fish must be frozen before it can be served, no one was worried about parasitic roundworms.
- Transmission of roundworm, whipworm and hookworm requires a warm wet environment to ensure survival of eggs or larvae in soil that is contaminated with human faeces.
- Canine heartworm is a serious and potentially fatal parasitic condition, transmitted by mosquitoes, in which roundworms develop in the heart and major blood vessels of dogs.
Words that rhyme with roundwormblindworm • lobworm
Definition of roundworm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.