Definition of rousing in English:
1Exciting; stirring: a rousing speech
More example sentences
- Before we begin, let's all join in a rousing chorus of our anthem.
- It's the rousing finale to the exciting Angel series.
- The outer movements are best - rousing and exciting music that can help cover the lack of great melodies.
- Example sentences
- The most successful war-related song, which outsold anything by Dylan, was Sergeant Barry Sadler's rousingly patriotic 1966 hit ‘The Ballad of the Green Berets’.
- Clearly, the hope is that moviegoers will find it rousingly topical.
- It would have been easy for him to write a rousingly romantic biography which glossed over the enormous contradictions of Ryan's career.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia