Definition of rubber tree in English:
1A tree that produces the latex from which rubber is manufactured, native to the Amazonian rain forest and widely cultivated elsewhere.
- Hevea brasiliensis, family Euphorbiaceae
- In contrast, latex from the tropical rubber tree Hevea brasiliensis can cause allergic reactions ranging from discomforting rashes to life-threatening shock.
- Natural latex is a milky fluid produced by the rubber tree and is used for manufacturing scores of everyday items.
- Also known as natural rubber latex, this milky cytosol is acquired by tapping the commercial rubber tree, Hevea brasiliensis.
Definition of rubber tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan