- A protective strip running along a boat’s side below the gunwale to prevent damage when coming alongside something.More example sentences
- I need to replace the rubbing strake on my beautiful modern classic.
- The rubbing strake is there to protect the boat from further extensive damage and as a cosmetic finishing strip.
- She is predominantly red in colour with a white rubbing strake and underside.
More definitions of rubbing strakeDefinition of rubbing strake in:
- The British & World English dictionary