Definition of rubdown in English:
- Whether Swedish, shiatsu or a basic sports massage, these rubdowns have earned their reputation for buoying mind, body and spirit.
- While not as pleasurable as your typical spa massage, a good sports rubdown certainly has its moments and will leave you feeling like a new man.
- There are also the golf club memberships, the corporate retreat in the South Pacific, the daily rubdown by the executive-suite masseuse, and other free perks to help make the burden tolerable.
1.1An act of drying, smoothing down, or cleaning something by rubbing: a shower and a brisk rubdown with a towel [as modifier]: rubdown decals
More example sentences
- South of the border, though, the realism is as gritty as a towel rub-down with sandy suntan lotion.
- I tackled it with a swipe from my duster and then a vigorous rub-down with polish and a dust cloth.
- Kat wrapped a towel around him and gave him a quick rub-down to start drying him off.
Definition of rubdown in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan