- Glass colored red by the inclusion of specific impurities such as metal oxides or gold.More example sentences
- The art of incorporating this liquid gold into ruby glass is attributed to German glassmaker Johann Kunckel in the late seventeenth century.
- Even before that, the island was shrouded in legend after alchemist Johannes Kunkel tried to make gold there in the 17th century, producing ruby glass instead.
- Others were ambrotypes, a related antique method in which the original plate is backed with ruby glass or some other dark material that reverses the negative image.
More definitions of ruby glassDefinition of ruby glass in:
- The British & World English dictionary