Definition of rudbeckia in English:
A North American plant of the daisy family, with yellow or orange flowers and a dark conelike center.
- Genus Rudbeckia, family Compositae
- Some of the best and most widely adapted annual cut flowers with the longest vase life include alstroemeria, aster, celosia, cosmos, gypsophila, lavatera, rudbeckia, scabiosa, snapdragon, statice, sunflower, yarrow, and zinnia.
- Anthemis, Michaelmas daisies, heleniums, shasta daisies and rudbeckias all have a longer and more showy flowering period if rejuvenated from year to year.
- As their blooms begin to fade, attention is drawn to the daisy-like flowers of my rudbeckia, which then becomes the predominant focal point.
Modern Latin, named after Olaf Rudbeck (1660–1740), Swedish botanist.
Definition of rudbeckia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan