Definition of rudderless in English:
1Lacking a rudder.
- The boat is rudderless; instead it has a nozzle surrounding the propeller that turns 22 degrees off center to port or starboard.
- They are a further step in the development of the lean, low profile, rudderless boat designs originally made famous by British kayak designers and sought after by expeditioners all over the world.
1.1Lacking a clear sense of one’s aims or principles: today’s leadership is rudderless
More example sentences
- Out of all the nations that make up the Union of Great Britain, England, at times, shows the most self-deprecating, wimpish and rudderless sense of national pride one could imagine.
- Readers will likely find the book's practical advice as rudderless as its ethical principles.
- But it is not entirely clear who is in charge - the whole project appears rudderless.
Definition of rudderless in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.