- A New World stiff-tailed duck with a broad bill, the male having mainly deep red-brown plumage and white cheeks.
More example sentences
- Oxyura jamaicensis, family Anatidae
- Brightly coloured bushes and flowers carpet the windswept hills, and in every hollow there are lakes or ponds teeming with black-necked swans, upland geese, ruddy ducks and silvery teal.
- Dr Cuthbert said as the white headed duck's main centre was in Russia, not Spain, there was no proof the ruddy ducks from Britain were responsible for the inter-breeding and that many hybrids died off.
- Having read the letter by Ajaye Curry regarding the culling of ruddy ducks in Britain, I felt it necessary to reply to put this issue in context.
More definitions of ruddy duckDefinition of ruddy duck in:
- The British & World English dictionary