Definition of rufous in English:
Reddish brown in color.
- Karl Vernes' current interest is in a small rufous bettong colony that lives in the New England region of northern NSW.
- Males in breeding plumage are unmistakable with their dark blue color, rufous sides and crown, and striking white patterning on the face, neck, sides, and back.
- The adult in breeding plumage is mottled black-and-brown, with little or no rufous coloration.
nounBack to top
A reddish-brown color.
- This large, long-tailed flycatcher has a pale yellow belly, gray breast and head, and rufous on its wings and tail.
Words that rhyme with rufousRufus
Definition of rufous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan