Definition of rufous in English:
Reddish brown in color.
- Karl Vernes' current interest is in a small rufous bettong colony that lives in the New England region of northern NSW.
- Males in breeding plumage are unmistakable with their dark blue color, rufous sides and crown, and striking white patterning on the face, neck, sides, and back.
- The adult in breeding plumage is mottled black-and-brown, with little or no rufous coloration.
nounBack to top
A reddish-brown color.
- This large, long-tailed flycatcher has a pale yellow belly, gray breast and head, and rufous on its wings and tail.
Words that rhyme with rufousRufus
Definition of rufous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.