- A form of rugby played in teams of fifteen. Unlike rugby league, the game was originally strictly amateur, being opened to professionalism only in 1995.More example sentences
- We would not expect a football field to be used for rugby league, rugby union, basketball, cricket, soccer, tennis and lawn bowls.
- At present work in West Yorkshire focuses on rugby league, rugby union, girls' football and athletics.
- His parents said the Army was his life, along with his infectious enthusiasm for rugby union and Littleborough Rugby Union Club in particular.
More definitions of rugby unionDefinition of rugby union in:
- The British & World English dictionary