Definition of rune stone in English:
1A large stone carved with runes by ancient Scandinavians or Anglo-Saxons.
- A rune stone put up by him in Västergötland in eastern Sweden in the late Viking age commemorates his wife's brothers ‘[who] met their deaths on active service in the East’.
- He also left a large monument, the Jelling rune stone, in memory of his parents.
- Tucked into the foundation of one Old Town building you can see an old Viking rune stone.
2A small stone, piece of bone, etc., marked with a rune and used in divination.
- During the reading my psychic used such ancient arts as numerology, astrology, palmistry, tarot cards and rune stones and even found hidden meaning in the color of my tie.
- If we denounce the 60s we should also denounce New Labour - crystal balls, rune stones, primal screams and all.
- Inside I had my rune stones, beads, shells, stones, dried rose petals, string, chalk, a compass, my dowsing crystal, bells, candles, incense and some necklaces I had made.
Definition of rune stone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan