- 1Successive gunshots from a line of troops.More example sentences
- Finally, the brigade engaged in ‘running fire,’ with soldiers shooting as quickly as possible to create a cacophony of sound.
- Still no enemies were being engaged in running fire fights, or surrendering, and all the time casualties were mounting through sustained enemy sniper fire.
- 1.1A rapid succession of something: a running fire of comment in their choicest vernacularMore example sentences
- In his intentions, this running fire of a provocative and fascinating thesis should provoke a healthy optimism.
- While he was doing so, with a running fire of commentary from him, the waiter brought in a tray of tea.